|Motor-Spindle Safety System MS³|
Tool collisions with high feed rates cause high impact force peak values on motor-spindles in metal cutting machine tools.
As a result, five-figure US-$ amounts for repair and servicing of heavy collision damaged motor-spindle systems and machine tools are common.
In the case of a collision caused overload, the newly developed motor-spindle safety system from JAKOB immediately disconnects the power transmission at the interface between the machine tool headstock and the motor-spindle through 3D- displacement. Therefore the shock-sensitive components of the motor-spindle are effectively protected from the peak impact forces of the tool collision.
• No external power sources needed
• High holding forces
• High stiffness for guaranteed performance
• Kinetic energy from shock load is absorbed through dampening element
• Integrated sensor for position control
• High re-engagement accuracy
• Automatic re-engagement
• Reduced machine downtime for increased productivity
• Available for all motor spindle designs and dmensions
• Maintenance-freeMotor-Spindle Safety System
|PDF - general
Video clip (15.5MB)
|MS³ Motor-Spindle Safety System - Product Video 2014|